There are times when I want to use a printable cardstock with a bit of shimmer. A wedding invitation, party banner or printable tags may need a little sheen. I found this printable cardstock on Amazon which is called Metallic Champagne cardstock. It is really more of a shimmer than metallic, but I LOVE it. I have used it for a number of projects over the past two years, so now I feel confident to give it my personal stamp of approval! It should be called Ivory Shimmer cardstock, instead of Champagne Metallic cardstock, but that is my only major negative feedback.
- Size: 8 1/2 x 11 Cardstock 8 1/2 in x 11 in / 8.5” x 11” / 216mm x 280mm / Letter Size, 105lb cover
- Color: Champagne Metallic shimmers under light and it looks ivory rather than champagne.
- Quantity: Pack of 50
- Printable on off-set and digital printing presses as well as ink jet and laser home printers. Results will vary based on the printer used. I tested this paper on an Epson 1430 Artisan printer.
- Cuts, scores and folds well when I used my Cricut to make the banner in my sample photo.
- Works well for tags, invites, banners, cards, envelopes, folders, scrapbooks, etc.
- Can write on the paper with a Sharpie and it will not smear.
- Pay close attention when printing heavy dark patterns, as I did experience some bleed. When I re-adjusted my paper settings, the results improved tremendously.
- Since this is an ivory paper, colors will not be as vibrant, but the dark colors show off the shimmer.
- I do not recommend this paper for printing photographs.
- It is difficult to see the shimmer when you photograph the final product, but in “real life” the paper is gorgeous!
This paper can purchased on Amazon. Here is the link.
Brigitte Baer, of Baer Design Studio